Announcing a Two-Year Master’s Program and Subsequent Three-to-Five-Year Doctoral Program in Quantum Science and Conscious Leadership
In the past few decades, science has been undergoing a major paradigm shift from a Newtonian/behavioral focus to a quantum/transpersonal one. The “matter is everything” perspective is giving way to primacy of consciousness. Quantum science has given scientific validity not only to our potential oneness but also to our subtle experiences of feeling, meaning, archetypes, and spiritual wholeness. According to the quantum worldview, the creative exploration of these experiences propels us towards a transformational mindset.
Quantum activism is a revolutionary idea that is as fundamental in its construct as it is audacious in what it can achieve—simply a complete transformation of the world as we know it.
Quantum activism is an idea that was born out of the trailblazing work of Dr. Amit Goswami, a retired full-professor from the Department of Physics at the University of Oregon where he served from 1968 to 1997. He is a pioneer of the new paradigm of science called “science within consciousness,” an idea he explicated in his seminal book, The Self-Aware Universe, where he also solved the quantum measurement problem elucidating the famous observer effect.
Goswami has written several other popular books based on his research on quantum physics and consciousness including The Visionary Window, Physics of the Soul, The Quantum Doctor, God is Not Dead, Quantum Creativity, Quantum Economics, and The Everything Answer Book, in which Goswami’s basic premise is that quantum physics is not only the future of science, but it is also the key to understanding consciousness, death, God, psychology, and the meaning of life. In short, quantum physics offers a theory of everything.
In his private life, Goswami is a practitioner of spirituality and transformation. He calls himself a quantum activist. He appeared in the film What the Bleep Do We Know!? and its sequel Down the Rabbit Hole as well as the documentaries Dalai Lama Renaissance and the award winning The Quantum Activist.
Goswami’s insights and teachings are in harmony with the world’s wisdom traditions, especially the Indian Vedanta/Yoga/Buddhist tradition. In other words, the integration of science and spirituality that Goswami teaches has a lineage extending back five thousand years. It is Goswami’s teachings that will form the backbone of the transformative education that we offer.
Thus, the central theme of quantum activism is the primacy of consciousness over matter. Whereas ordinary activism concentrates on changing the society without affecting the activist, quantum activism seeks societal change through the power of self-transformation, where each one of us endeavors to change our own nature so, to quote Mahatma Gandhi, “the tendencies in the world would also change.”
While western science and technology have given us phenomenal material prosperity, they have also exacerbated shortages of essential resources, our self-destructive tendencies, and our movement away from integration towards isolation. This singularly materialistic pursuit offers no sustainable solutions. Consequently, many of us have turned to the wisdom of the ancient cultures and to find real answers.
We in India have always known about the primacy of consciousness in the matters of the world and the interconnectedness of everything. This understanding underlies all our education and living in the distant past. “Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam” (the world is a family) was our guiding principle, but somehow this principle was lost to the world during its passage through the cycle of unprecedented growth spurred by modern science and technology.
Quantum activism is based on the solid foundations of the discoveries of quantum physics, and it reestablishes the primacy of consciousness over matter. It integrates the sophistication of modern science and technology with the spiritual wisdom of ancient civilizations, and it provides a robust framework for tackling the hitherto paradoxical challenges in all areas of life, be it healthcare, business, education, politics, or spirituality.
To help transform the prevailing worldview, Quantum Activism Vishwalayam is providing a custom-made recipe for talented service-minded individuals to come forward and learn, practice, and teach this system of self-transformation leading to both professional and social transformation.
Briefly, the purpose of transformational education is to help bring congruence into your life: congruence between how you think, how you live, and how you make your living. You can do it all by incorporating quantum principles—integrating science and spirituality—into your life.
The human condition is fundamentally burdened by three instinctual and socio-cultural influences:
- Brain circuits of pleasure seeking and associated addiction circuits;
- Negative emotional brain circuits of anger, violence, domination, jealousy, competitiveness, etc.; and
- Ego-persona conventionally referred to as “me” as opposed to our more present centered subjective first-person experience that we refer to as “I.”
Fortunately, says the quantum worldview backed by the spiritual traditions of India and the world, human beings are also gifted by potentialities of great positivity that come to us as subtle internal experiences—feelings, meaningful thinking, archetypal intuitions such as love, beauty, truth, wholeness, and abundance, the state of flow, and creative and spiritual “oneness” experiences. When humans explore these potentialities, their negativity is transformed into positivity. In spite of all the havoc human negativity has historically created, the cultivation of the positive has facilitated significant advances in civilization as well.
The more recent prevalence of the worldview of scientific materialism—matter is all there is—in the academia has unfortunately undermined the cultivation of the positive potentiality and decidedly contributed to making our people and society primarily transactional: “What is in it for me?” This has led to crisis conditions in education, health, economics, and politics, and is now threatening human civilization itself.
Even more recently, by several estimates, about fifteen percent of the human population of the world, most of them professionals and students on the way to becoming professionals, have found dissatisfaction in the materialist me-centered way of being and are looking for alternatives. Many philosophers, well-meaning teachers, and even some spiritual gurus, are attempting to respond to this thirst for transformative wisdom. Unfortunately, their teachings are arbitrary, at best based on old philosophical insights and common sense, seldom supported by scientific data, and seldom illustrated by “walking the talk.” How do you know which one to follow and which one will work better for you? You don’t. The result is utter confusion.
Enabling Space for Transformative Education
Quantum Activism Vishwalayam is envisaged to be a model space for experiential learning and living, based on the principles and framework of quantum activism proposed by theoretical physicist Amit Goswami, PhD.
The key elements of this framework integrate the findings of theoretical quantum physics, developed in the scientific laboratories of the modern world with the wisdom enshrined in the ancient spiritual treatises originating from the civilizations which largely developed in the Indian subcontinent and surrounding regions.
The courses and pedagogy are to be based on the solid foundations of science and the essence of the ancient traditions of learning in an ashram while residing with your teachers and co-participants. The decade old quantum activism movement, launched initially in the U.S. by Dr. Goswami, has now found its permanent home in Jaipur, India, where the world headquarters of the Center for Quantum Activism has been established and a very ambitious plan to establish a global education center, Quantum Activism Vishwalayam (home of the world in Sanskrit), has been launched. This is the next big leap, necessitated partly due to the reluctance of the traditional academe to change its materialist ways. Our Vishwalayam will give students professional level transformational training in consciousness and the quantum worldview with an emphasis on quantum living and the exploration of wholeness in their professional pursuits, no less. To make this educational model more robust, it is also being integrated with the establishment of a Quantum Village, which is meant to be a self-sustaining community living space developed from the ground up based entirely on the tenets of the quantum worldview.
A group of service-minded professionals in India, Argentina, Brazil, and Europe, who have resonated with the quantum worldview and have been learning from Dr. Goswami the tenets of this new educational and living paradigm, have come together to manifest this dream of the universal consciousness through the initiation of a movement known as quantum activism. The objective of quantum activism is to use quantum scientific principles (in total harmony with the teachings of the wisdom traditions) to transform the human self and society.
The quantum worldview confirms the vision of Sri Aurobindo that for the past few millennia, the progress of our civilization is moving toward the evolution of our minds from rational to intuitive, integrating reason and emotions. Accordingly, our long-range vision is to build a quantum society where the intuitive mind prevails.
- You want meaning, passion and purpose in your life.
- You want to discover congruence between your thinking, living, and livelihood.
- You are looking for spiritual satisfaction and transformation while pursuing your profession.
- You want to connect with the spiritual wisdom traditions of the world.
- You want to contribute to changing the world through transforming yourself with Truth, Love, Wholeness, and other archetypes of value.
Why QAV, and Not Other Post Materialist Institutions for Purposes of Training?
We respect all post materialist teaching organizations. We all endeavor to move towards a post materialist worldview. However, as the Dalai Lama frequently reminds us, no model of reality can be achieved without quantum physics; meaningful post materialist training ought to take quantum physics into account, and more often than not, other post materialist programs fail to do so.
Why Are We Unique?
Most post materialist agendas begin with refuting the materialist paradigm, or offering a certain extension of it, but staying within the materialist assumption.
We offer teachings that agree with all the results of scientific materialism short of those claiming that the human being becomes completely conditioned. Our teachings serve to expand the horizon of science itself, finding its basis in consciousness and nonmaterial experiences such as feeling, thinking, and intuition.
Most institutions of a post materialistic bent are based on someone’s philosophy, often a systems-approach arbitrarily assembling teachings of many disciplines without a proper experiential or experimental foundation.
QAV offers an education based upon the established theory of quantum physics and its generalization, quantum science, founded upon solid scientific theory and experimental data.
Most post materialist institutions have no lineage to speak of. QAV offers an education that goes back millennia, all the way to the ancient wisdom traditions mainly developed some five thousand years ago in the Indian subcontinent.
Three tenets of the quantum worldview underlie our teaching. These are as follows:
Non-Locality: We are all interconnected – even without signals, and experimental evidence is proving our inherent unity.
Tangled Hierarchy: In our brain, we become one with the neuronal images of an external object because of a tangled-hierarchy, a circularity. The observer is the observed.
Discontinuity: The discovery of something new of value in thought is a quantum leap of Aha!
In the Upanishads, three correlating principles, or Mahavakyas, can also be discerned:
- Sarvam Khallidham Brahman (All is Brahman) – unity consciousness, statement of non-locality;
- Aham Brahmasmi (I am Brahman) – this speaks of a discontinuous quantum leap to the quantum self-experience;
- Tatvam Asi (You are that unity consciousness) – this refers to a tangled hierarchical relationship in which I realize that you and I are rooted in the same unity consciousness.
Most post materialist teachings have a plethora of famous teachers who, unfortunately, all have their own personal paradigmatic agendas. This produces a lot of confusion about whose paradigm is the truth, or is there only one truth?
We believe in the scientific tradition that there is only one Truth. Truth is not relative nor is it culturally-based. Our teachers, all speak of one paradigm—quantum science—and one quantum worldview.
Key Elements for Experiential Learning
Every student, whether for foundational learning, professional and applied education, or for teaching and research, will complete a one-year certification program in Quantum Science and Conscious Leadership guided by Dr. Amit Goswami who will be assisted by domain experts, handpicked and trained by him. Approved students will then have the option to complete a second year of courses culminating in a Master’s degree in Quantum Science and Conscious Leadership for which a more expanded faculty will be engaged. Finally, a few select students will have the further option of working under any of the approved faculty members in pursuit of doctoral studies culminating in the receipt of a PhD.
The one-year certification program is comprised of two semesters, each of which commences with a ten-day proximity program modeled on the Gurukul learning principles of ancient ashrams in India where the knowledge seeker lived with the teacher and other participants and received experiential knowledge. This living-learning community facilitates the creation of a quantum bond between all participants that is essential for deriving full transformational benefits.
To ensure well-rounded professional development, the proximity program will be followed by online and video courses as well as an opportunity to work on some practical projects connected to the Quantum Village, which shall be set up as an integral part of the program to showcase the quantum worldview in action.
How Will Our Academic Program Benefit Your Professional Practice?
As the Bhagavad Gita says, actions that follow from other (conditioned) actions are non-action (Akarma in Sanskrit) and thus of no consequence to the purposive movement of consciousness. Sadly, approximately 85% of the world’s population ignorantly engage in such non-action. By contrast, a creative transformative life is the only way to make life matter, which is what we teach. When you integrate thinking, living and livelihood, life becomes harmonious and that will certainly increase your creativity and productivity. It is a general advantage for all professionals to reduce conflict between thinking, living, and how they carry out their professions.
Use of the quantum worldview will, moreover, improve your focus because of the reappearance of meaning and purpose in your life as well as a general attention that you are able to pay to both shallow and deep ecology. Finally, exploring an archetype (contexts of elevated thinking and noble feelings such as love, wholeness, and abundance) in your profession will bring you into synchrony with the purposive movement of consciousness.
Now let’s talk specifics:
- You will learn the integration of conventional and alternative medical practices.
- Even when no medicinal system will work, you can always resort to quantum healing (a creative technique that you will learn) as a final method for healing.
- Considering healing as an exploration of the archetype of wholeness provides a healing path for both patients and doctors.
- There is enormous new research on vital energy instrumentation and diagnostics that is taking place; you will be able to join these enterprises.
- You will learn new use of bio-feedback technologies (quantum biofeedback).
- Now that we understand how placebos operate within quantum science, you will be able to make more expansive use of the placebo for healing.
- You will learn new quantum energy-based approaches to treating neurosis, even some cases of psychosis such as depression.
- There is a revolution in psychotherapy using quantum creativity in therapy, increasing the efficacy of psycho-analysis by quantum healing. You will be a harbinger of this new revolution.
- Similarly, the quantum worldview brings a revolution in positive psychology and transformation. You will have the potential to become a guru to those who are interested in exploring positive mental health and increasing happiness.
Economics and Business
- Quantum economics expands the concepts of needs and gifts and thereby expands the economic arena to include our subtle higher needs (of noble feelings, new meanings, and consciousness expanding archetypes). You will be an exponent of the developing subtle economy.
- The new economics expands the concept of selfishness, to include not only the personal but also the social consciousness. You will be able to complement your search for maximizing profit with doing social good.
- By identifying the invisible hands of the free market as the purposive movement of consciousness, the new economics gives you a much more conscious handle on what to do to be in synch with the general evolutionary movement of the economy.
- We are introducing the archetype of abundance as the objective of business practices and pursuit of this generalized abundance will not only increase the prosperity of both you and your employees but will lead to higher levels of contentment for all.
- The quantumizing of economics and business will enable sustainability through an integration of both shallow and deep ecology for both consumers and producers. You will be a pioneer of sustainable economic practices.
- Quantumizing business practices will increase the productivity and efficiency of both management and labor, a dream of all business leaders.
- Finally, as advanced technology is utilized in the manufacturing and agricultural industries thus displacing human labor, by introducing the concept of human capital, the new economics will continue to create jobs for humans. By practicing the new economics in your business, you will literally prevent the economy from collapsing into chaos.
If any of the aforementioned principles, aims, objectives, or outcomes appeal to you, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com for more information about one-year certification in “Quantum Science and Conscious Leadership” and the newly developed Master’s and doctoral programs offered by Quantum Activism Vishwalayam. Consider becoming a QAV student today!